Just thought that I would share an article that I just published on Examiner.com.
Valentine’s day is usually a time where we focus on the people that are closest to us: boyfriend, girlfriend, husband or wife. It is a time when love is in the air and the promise of a wonderful life with someone is all that we think about. But, this year let’s talk about the closest relationship in your life: your relationship with yourself.
Your body is never selfish. Your heart pumps blood, your lungs breathe air and it maintains homeostasis without you having to tell it to do so. This year why not show your body some love?
Try one or two or even all of these tips if you think it’s time for a better body image:
- Celebrate the small victories: Maybe you were aiming to lose a pound a week. A modest goal, but YOU DID IT. Do something healthy to celebrate: go for a manicure or pedicure for example.
- Take a fitness class in a place that doesn’t have mirrors: It’s a great way to get in touch with your body, while not fixating on the problem areas.
- Go shoe shopping: Shoe sizes never go up and it’s a good way to do something nice for yourself without worrying about the problem areas.
- Focus on what you like about yourself: When you look in the mirror try to look at what you like about yourself: maybe it’s your bouncy hair or your striking eyes and not at whatever area you need to work on.
- Sign up for a 5K race with a friend: There’s one almost every weekend and training for a 5K will have you focusing on crossing the finish line instead of worrying about your body. The added benefit is that running is great exercise and you’ll be shrinking your waistline too.
I hope that you are all able to take some time to appreciate yourselves this Valentine’s Day.
You can read more articles or subscribe here: http://www.examiner.com/holistic-health-in-boston/chantell-baptiste
Cheers to your healthy life!