I have so many clients that are baking pie after pie so that the apples that they got when they went picking don’t go bad. So, I thought to myself: “Why not share something healthy that they could do with them?”
I went looking for a recipe and Clean Eating Magazine seems to always have them (look them up at www.cleaneatingmag.com)
Here is your recipe for an amazing Fruit Chutney, low on calories and high on yumminess!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 apples, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch chunks (about 2 cups)
- 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated (about 2 tsp)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup Medjool dates, pitted and diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 tsp allspice
- Pour oil into a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Then place onion and garlic in skillet, sprinkle with salt and sauté for about 3 minutes. Add apples and ginger and sauté for another minute.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes until thickened.